Lebanon Campground Methodist Church
Established in the 1830s, the building was first used as a place of worship and the only school in the area. The big spring, still located in front of the church, provided the water. Today there are still no modern conveniences such as running water, power, or facilities within the building. Also, while visiting, check out the post office, built in 1842 that is located just down the road.
Lebanon Campground Methodist Church is part of the North Alabama Hallelujah Trail of Sacred Places, a driving tour of 32 churches that are at least 100 years old, stand on their original sites, still hold services and are accessible to the public. For more information, visit www.northalabama.org/trails/hallelujah.