Courtland Presbyterian Church
Built in 1821, the Church of Nazareth in Courtland, as it was first called, has served Courtland as the second oldest Presbyterian Church in North Alabama. In 1957, the church was narrowly saved from a fire by the combined efforts of Decatur, Town Creek and Courtland firemen. The following two years, they continued to hold services downstairs while the structure was being rebuilt.
Courtland Presbyterian Church is part of the North Alabama Hallelujah Trail of Sacred Places, a driving tour of 32 churches that are at least 100 years old, stand on their original sites, still hold services, and are accessible to the public. For more information, visit www.northalabama.org/trails/hallelujah.