Cambridge United Methodist Church
Established in 1818 by the Tennessee Annual Conference, Cambridge United Methodist Church’s origin dates back to the early 1800s as a camp meeting site. Late in the summer of 1862, the Confederate troops used the church to set up Malone Battalion, named after Captain Jim Malone. Late in the Civil War, Federal troops seized and damaged much of the church. The church was restored in 1873 and is still in use today, retaining much of its original configuration. Today, Cambridge United Methodist Church has 25 members on its roll.
Located in Athens, Alabama, Cambridge United Methodist Church Is part of the North Alabama Hallelujah Trail of Sacred Places, a driving tour of 32 churches that are at least 100 years old, stand on their original sites, still hold services, and are accessible to the public.
For a tour appointment, call (256) 233-2862 or 256-434-0502.